Meet the midwives
(all my friends call me nissa for short!)
Nissa is passionate about supporting women all over the world, loves her dog and her cat... and is gently going vegan (except for the odd slice of pizza that strays into her mouth from time to time). She is a Mum of one.
- She qualified as a midwife from Kings College University in 2013.
- She is registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) and the RCM (Royal College of Midwives).
- Nissa has attended 200 births and looked after 1000 women antenatally and postnatally.
- Nissa is a qualified kundalini yoga teacher and a pregnancy yoga teacher.
- Joanna trained to be a massage therapist with MTI (Massage Training Institute) in 2007.
- She did her infant massage qualification with IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage) in 2008.
- Joanna gained her pregnancy and postnatal bodywork diploma with Wellmother in 2009. You can book a massage with Jo here.
- Joanna qualified as a midwife from Kings College University in 2013.
- Joanna is registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) and the RCM (Royal College of Midwives).
- She has attended 400 births and looked after 1300 women antenatally and postnatally.
- Joanna is currently renovating her home and is obsessed with chrome fixtures.
- Zoe qualified as a midwife from Kings College University in 2013.
- Zoe is registered with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) and the RCM (Royal College of Midwives).
- Zoe has attended 180 births and looked after 1200 women antenatally and postnatally.
- Zoe loves her pet hamster passionately.
- Phaedra has been a midwife for ten years qualifying from Kings College in 2008.
- Phaedra has had an all round experience working in Homerton and St Thomas’ Hospitals where she attended many hospital and home births worked with lovelies Nissa, Zoe and Jo.
- Phaedra is registered with the NMC and also holds a graduate certificate in neuro-behavioural physiological assessment of the new born.
- Phaedra is enthusiastic to learn more skills and is currently applying to become a Master of Osteopathy.
- Phaedra loves New York!
- Lianne qualified as a midwife from City University in 2008
- Lianne is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Royal College of Midwives (she is a Learning Representative at her local branch of the RCM)
- Lianne helped mentor Nissa (the Hypnobirthing Midwife) during her midwifery training
- Lianne has lost track of the number of women and families she has cared for during labour at birth, at last count she had helped facilitate almost 400 vaginal births!
- Lianne’s special interest is babies! She holds a graduate certificate in Neonatal care from Middlesex University
- Lianne would always rather be on a beach!